Going the extra mile
Both our engineering and technical staff take pride in their work and will go the extra mile to provide the best service whilst supporting our drivers in the best possible way. Working as ‘One Team’, having a good atmosphere, working hard but having fun, and connecting with the drivers are some of the core values of M2 Competition. Not only do we aim to provide the best training platform for the drivers, but we also put the crews together according to the different personalities. This in order to create the best possible chemistry within the team, both on and off the track.
Experience at your service
Our M2 Competition staff can pride themselves on having extensive experience in motor racing, ranging from the entry level categories such as Formula 4, going all the way to DTM, WEC and Formula 1. Our engineering staff have won most of the major championships in single seater, GT and touring car. We also have won the Castrol Toyota Racing Series team and driver championships on multiple occasions, of course, with both the previous and the current car. Our technicians have similar racing experience, with most of the No1 mechanics working in DTM, our No2 mechanics and truckies having worked with us in TRS for many years, while our chief mechanic Matt brings Formula 1 experience to the team. Having worked at all levels of motorsports including manufacturers, allows us to train our drivers not only for the basic tasks, but helps us get them used to all the details expected from a professional driver at higher levels. We make a point of adapting to every driver’s experience.
29 pole positions (41%)
36 fastest laps (34%)
125 podiums (on average over 1 driver on the podium every race) of which
45 are race wins (42%)
24 pole positions (80%)
22 fastest laps (48%)
87 podiums (just under 2 per race) of which
32 are race wins (70%)
Over the past 7 seasons we have had the pleasure to work with:
- Lance Stroll: F4, FIA F3 and TRS Champion.
- Lando Norris: MSA Formula, Formula Renault 2.0, FIA Formula 3 and TRS Champion.
- Earl Bamber: Le Mans 24h winner.
- Alex Lynn: GP3 Champion, Macau GP Winner.
- Artem Markelov: Formula 2 vice champion.
- Jordan King: British F3 champion.
- Nick Cassidy: TRS, Super GT and Japanese F3 champion.
- Robert Schwartzman: TRS Champion.
- Pedro Piquet: Brazilian F3 champion.
- Rafaelle Marciello: FIA F3 and Blancpain GT Series Champion.
- Marcus Armstrong: Formula 4 Champion.
- Dennis Olsen: Porsche Carrera Cup Champion.
- Egor Orudzhev.
- Arjun Maini.
- Jehan Daruvala.
- Richard Verschoor.